Sailing Greece – Santorini to Mykonos
Sailing Greece – Santorini to Mykonos
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Fairly Easy
Group Size Small Group
Sailing Greece! Forget about ordinary vacations! Let’s sail together and enjoy the beauty of Greek islands!
Did you hear about the Cyclades islands?
If you are not, in this sailing adventure you will find out all about them.
A yacht adventure is the ideal way to experience what many consider the world’s most beautiful islands: the Greek Islands. Sail for eight days aboard our 15m (52 ft) yachts, with time for hiking, snorkelling and relaxing. Explore ancient archaeological sites and taverna-lined harbours, and dine on fresh seafood.
- 7 nts aboard a 15m (52 ft) sailing yacht
- Fully licensed skipper
- Snorkelling equipment
- Tour Leader
- All taxes
On our Greek sailing trips, the Tour Leader will help you make a food kitty, where around EUR 50 per person, per week will be added to the kitty for small food items on board to cover breakfasts, lunches and the odd dinner.
Breakfasts and lunches are prepared by yourself, and most dinners are taken ashore at local restaurants.
- Extra on land spending/meals
- Any activities not included in the Inclusions.
Arrival day. Join the group at 5pm for a welcome meeting and safety briefing before beginning the sailing adventure. Enjoy a night cap with your crew mates on the boat, or head out to explore Santorini by night.
When arranging your transportation, such as flights, please take into consideration the below time restrictions for joining and departing from your group. With these times, we have taken into account travel time to/from the airport in the given destination and required time for check-in or baggage collection/immigration
Your flight must arrive by or before
Your flight must depart no earlier than
Flexible itineraries give your experienced skippers the opportunity to showcase all the hidden gems you’re looking for. We follow the desires of the group and tailor the sailing experience to provide each group a quality journey while on board.
While in the Southern Cyclades, stroll through the ”most elegant square in Greece” on Syros. Head out on an optional all-day adventure with your fellow shipmates and skipper as you discover the best Naxos has to offer: the Temple of Dimitra, a microbrewery, views of Mt Zeus and a meal at a local tavern.
Uncover the beauty of the Venetian ruins in Paros before going cave exploring in Antiparos. While on Ios, relax on famous Magganari beach and don’t forget to visit Homer’s tomb. Walk and hike your way through the trails and paths of Sifnos before stopping at a local ceramic workshop.
No trip is complete without wandering around the breathtaking cliffside city of Hora and enjoying cocktails while the sun sets over the whitewashed buildings that scatter the landscape.
Day 3 - 6
Possible island stops include: Folegandros, Sifnos, Ios, Antiparos, Paros, Naxos.
Folegandros Island Excursion
Sifnos Island Excursion
Ios Island Excursion
Antiparos Island Excursion
Paros Island Excursion
Naxos Island Excursion
Celebrate the arrival on Mykonos by visiting the local windmills and enjoying a cocktail on a veranda overlooking Little Venice. The beaches and nightlife add excitement to the picturesque island.
16m (52 ft) Mediterranean Sailing Yacht
Get into the thick of things swiftly aboard one of our sharp-looking yachts.
Free Time Afternoon
Welcome to Greece’s most famous cosmopolitan island, a whitewashed paradise in the heart of the Cyclades. Whether you choose to relax by the water, or explore this fabulous island town which has long been famous for its nightlife, you will not be disappointed.
Depart after breakfast.
If you would like extra time in Mykonos after your sailing journey is finished, we recommend booking extra time on the island.
A NOTE REGARDING SMALL SPACES ON SAILBOATS:
– Please note that the rooming for these boats is assigned upon arrival and neither particular cabins, nor berths can be guaranteed. You will be sharing a bunk or double bed with your travel partner or one of your fellow passengers of the same sex and sharing the bathrooms onboard.
– Please be aware that as this is a real sailboat and not a cruise vessel and the space on board is tight. The sleeping quarters on sailboats are generally kept to a minimum size in order to maximize public space and performance.
– It may be possible to smell engine and/or diesel fumes when in the cabins, due to their proximity to the engine room. Most travel is done during the day, so it is unlikely you will be in the cabin when the engine is running.
– Some people are not comfortable with the type of close quarter arrangements typically found on sailboats, however if a real sailing experience on a real sailboat is what you are after, then this experience should more than make up for cramped quarters.
– Opportunities to sleep in open air on main deck are often available.
– Please note that the skipper may also be sharing the ship’s quarters and amenities with you.
– Power onboard is 220V on European 2 pin sockets. Please note that this is not suitable for sleeping aid machines, as the power source may not always be operating. Bringing a battery pack is recommended.
15m (52 ft) sailing yacht.
About our Transportation
Our 50ft sailing boats are equipped with state of the art technology offering all travellers onboard a safe and enjoyable experience. Space is optimized – sleeping quarters are snug, meaning that more of the boat is open from everyone to enjoy. Cabins are allotted by the skipper based on the gender and traveller make-up of the group.
4 twin/double occupancy cabins, 3 shared bathrooms, 3 showers.
ARRIVING IN SANTORINI:
The boat is located in Marina Vlihada.
Arriving by Boat: Take a taxi directly to Marina Vlihada (about 10 minutes).
Arriving by plane: Take a taxi directly to Marina Vlihada (about 15 minutes). Alternatively, take a bus to the main town of Fira (about 15 minutes) and then change to the bus for Marina Vlihada (about 1/2 hour). Please note buses generally depart every 1/2 hour.
The actual meeting point is “Taverna Dimitris VLICHADA Marina” right above the VLICHADA Marina at 5pm. There will be a table reserved for G Adventures travellers.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU ARE REQUIRED TO BE AT THE RELEVANT JOINING POINT AT 17:00 ON DAY 1.
Your Skipper will organize a short meeting soon after arrival, during which you will meet other tour participants and receive information about general and specific aspects of the trip.
There is limited space on the yachts. We recommend the use of a duffel bag or backpack. A good size daypack is also essential. PLEASE NOTE: No hard suitcases are permitted due to limited space.
• Flight info (required) (Printouts of e-tickets may be required at the border)
• Insurance info (required) (With photocopies)
• Passport (required) (With photocopies)
• Required visas or vaccination certificates (required) (With photocopies)
• Vouchers and pre-departure information (required)
• Binoculars (optional)
• Camera (With extra memory cards and batteries)
• Cash, credit and debit cards
• Day pack (Used for daily excursions or short overnights)
• Ear plugs
• First-aid kit (should contain lip balm with sunscreen, sunscreen, whistle, Aspirin, Ibuprofen, bandaids/plasters, tape, anti-histamines, antibacterial gel/wipes, antiseptic cream, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, rehydration powder, water purification tablets or drops, insect repellent, sewing kit, extra prescription drugs you may be taking)
• Flashlight/torch (Headlamps are ideal)
• Fleece top/sweater
• Locks for bags
• Long pants/jeans
• Outlet adapter
• Personal entertainment (Reading and writing materials, cards, music player, etc.)
• Reusable water bottle
• Small travel towel
• Toiletries (Preferably biodegradable)
• Watch and alarm clock
• Waterproof backpack cover
• Windproof rain jacket
• Drybag (Will help keep cameras and essentials dry)
• External battery pack
• Motion sickness tablets
• Snorkel gear (optional) (Only if own equipment is preferred.)
• Shorts/skirts (Longer shorts/skirts are recommended)
• Sun hat/bandana
Laundry facilities can be found in some harbors, ask your skipper for the best places.